Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday

Today turned out to be a pretty good day.  Bill works from 6 am to 2 pm on Wednesdays so he was able to get Evan early from daycare.  That made me so much more relaxed at work this afternoon.  When Evan is at daycare, I am constantly worried about doing everything as fast as humanly possible so that I can go get him.  I am not sure why I place that stress on myself because: (1) it is not as if I could leave work early to pick him up even if I had nothing to do at work, and (2) it is not as if I would stay any later at work even if there is stuff to do.  I think subconsciously I worry that something will happen at work that will make it difficult for me to get him on time, so I stress all afternoon.  However, today, even though I planned to leave at the exact same time as Monday and Tuesday, I was so much more relaxed.  Knowing that Evan was at home, hanging out with his dad, and was safe, comforted and being loved on just gave me so much peace.  I am very thankful that at least this one day per week I do not have to stress about Evan the entire time I am at work.

When I got home, Bill and I had our usual hang out with Evan and bath time routine.  Here is a picture from bath time:

This picture makes me laugh, and it makes me sing Arabain Nights from Aladdin.

No comments:

Post a Comment