Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Slowly getting there

I know many of you thought I would write about my second day back at work. Sorry, no such luck.  Instead, I want to write about running because it makes me happy.  (Although, I am happy to report that work went well and I survived the second day). 

I ran 3 miles with my friend Carlie this morning.  For the first time, it seemed manageable. Hard but doable.  During the run, I thought back to six short weeks ago when it was hard for me to run 5 minutes without stopping.  I happy to have come so far in this short period of time.  I am also hopeful that I will continue to progress and feel like my old running self soon.  I only have a week and a half until the 10K in Austin and I am excited to see what I am currently capable of. Although, I know I will not PR, I am hoping that I will be pleasantly surprised.  I told myself I would not make any time goals, but would run just for fun.  I am still debating that.  In the end, my competitive nature may win. :)  It is just so fun to be excited about these kinds of things again.  

On a completely different topic, I need book recommendations people!  If you have any good ideas, please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment