Monday, March 5, 2012

Daycare

One day down, approximately 4600 more to go. (Yes I multiplied 52 weeks by  18 years by 5 days, and subtracted some for good measure).  Evan's school career has begun.

The first day went really well.  He was only there for 2 1/2 hours, but still, he and I both did good.  I think I built this day up in my mind so  much that it wasn't all that bad once the time came to actually drop him off.   He was sleeping, so that helped I'm sure.

After I dropped him off, I went by Starbucks for a vanilla latte and headed straight for the nail salon.  I figured I needed some serious pampering to make the first day go by quickly.  It worked.  I didn't really even notice the time until I was not so patiently waiting for the polish to dry.  I kept thinking, hurry up, I am ready to go pick up Evan!!  I am usually always impatient sitting under the fans waiting for the polish to dry, so it should have been no surprise that I was especially impatient today.

When I arrived to pick him up, this is what I found:



His swing was parked directly in front of the teacher's rocker.  Such a cutie pie!

Speaking of cutie pies, when Bill was getting Evan dressed for his first day of daycare, I overheard him asking Evan what outfit he wanted to wear and if he needed cologne because there will probably be "chicks" at daycare. I think I have a long 18 years of school ahead of me with these two!!

No comments:

Post a Comment