Thursday, March 1, 2012

Uptown Experience



I absolutely love walking into a new store and instantly feeling as if I am on vacation.  You know that feeling, where you get lost for an hour or two and forget that you are actually minutes from home.  A mini-staycation if you will.  This happens to me often at bookstores, movie theaters, and while browsing shops in downtown Edmond and Oklahoma City.  Today it happened the moment I walked into Uptown Grocery.

Uptown Grocery is a new store that opened in Edmond this week.  It is a division of Buy-for-Le$$ offering both upscale and everyday grocery items, including items that you do not find at run-of-the mill grocery stores.  To me, Uptown Grocery is a cross between Whole Foods and HEB, with prices cheaper than Whole Foods.  Architecturally, Uptown Grocery is designed after New York's warehouse district, which I love!  Evan and I had a great time exploring and taking photos of this new grocery store.


In the center of the produce/food to-go section is a sushi bar, YUM!  There is also a station for sandwiches, soups, salads and cooked entrees.


I didn't look long at the prepared to-go section, but they did have a seven layer dip that looked so delicious.




There is a great little seating area where you can eat lunch while watching chef demonstrations.  You can even sample food cooked during the demo.  I had garlic potatoes.


And my delicious lunch, chicken salad sandwich and tomato basil soup. I accidentally cut the orchid out of the picture.  Yes, I know I need to continue working on my photography.



I took this picture because I knew Bill would love this section.  Tons of nuts and chocolate covered goodness.


I wanted to try one of everything in this case.  I did get a caramel brownie and it was to-die-for good.



 Last, but definitely not least, fresh bread made daily.  I picked up some rosemary garlic bread to have with spaghetti tonight.  We dipped it in an oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar mixture and it was really good.

Thank you Uptown Grocery for allowing me a big city adventure in small town Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment