Wednesday, April 25, 2012

We Bought a Zoo

Not really, but we went to the zoo and that counts for something right?

Bill and I had one of those weekend where you attempt to cram in everything in two days.  We traveled out of towns the past two weekends, so I guess I felt like I had catching up to do this weekend.

 Earlier Saturday morning I met some friends for one final long run before the half marathon coming up this Sunday. I ran a little over 7 miles.  The out and back loop was suppose to be 8 miles, but according to my friend's Garmin, it was a little over 7.  The two of them kept running until 8 because they are crazy like that.  I stopped the second I reached the finishing point and declared that 7.something was plenty.

I got back home a little after 8 and took over Evan duties so that Bill could get a workout in.  When Bill got home, he wanted to mow the grass, but I told him that simply wasn't an option because I wanted to go to the zoo.

I got Evan dressed in his zoo clothes:


He then asked if there were giraffes like Sophie at the zoo and if he could eat them:



When I told him the giraffes were much bigger than Sophie and wouldn't take kindly to having their noses bitten off, he said, Aww mom, that makes me mad:




I'm not sure what I had in mind, but there are some really crazy people at the zoo.  As in grown men walking around without their shirts on, women in corsets and high heels, etc.  I'm pretty sure Bill got tired of my repeated "seriously, people wear that to the zoo?"  Turns out that I was both way over and under dressed in my tanktop, jeans and tennis shoes.

I don't think Evan really grasped that there were animals at the zoo, but he loved the people watching.

 First stop, muddy rhinos.


We watched the stand off between the snake and turtles for a little while, then I insisted that we move on since I didn't want Evan to witness a murder at such a young age.

I'm pretty sure this frog is named Freddy and used to live in our backyard.  Well hello Freddy, so nice to see you again. 


 This is the Silverback gorilla, who is the leader of the gorilla troop at the OKC zoo.  Obviously he was not happy with the visitors on Sunday.

Chillin



Bill is getting really good at using our big fancy camera that has 100,000,000 buttons.  He took all of the following pics using manual mode:







No comments:

Post a Comment