Wednesday, April 4, 2012

How to blog everyday about the everyday?

When I started this blog I made a promise to myself that I would blog every week day.  I have done pretty well so far, only missing a few week days, including one yesterday.  I actually intended to blog about Evan's bath time, but it was taking forever to upload the video to you tube and was interfering with my internet searching, so I became impatient and stopped.  Hence, the lack of posting yesterday.  I am still going to attempt to upload to you tube later tonight and hopefully post about that tomorrow.

Anyway, how do you blog every day when your day is anything but exciting.  I could tell you what I did all day: drove to day care, dropped Evan off, drove to work, worked, went to feed and visit with Evan at lunch, went back to work, worked, picked Evan up, drove home, dropped Evan off with Bill, went to get my eyebrows waxed, came home, ate dinner that Bill cooked, decided not to do boot camp tonight, starting packing for our Easter trip this weekend, feed Evan, cuddled Evan, started this blog post.  There you have it, my day.  

Talk about a boring blog post.  So, instead, we will talk about grapefruit.  As you may know, grapefruit is one of the best fruits you can eat.  Apparently.  I did not know this and strongly disagree with this statement because I think grapefruit taste horrible.  Bill, however, loves grapefruit and is trying to eat more of it now that we are working to get beach ready for our summer vacations.  That is why when we went to the grocery store Sunday, Bill insisted on getting the biggest grapefruit known to man.  Don't believe me?  Here it is: 


Wait, this picture really doesn't do this freak of nature justice.  We need something to compare it to.  A baby, you say?  Yea, I thought so too. 


There, that's better.   

While Bill likes to eat grapefruit, he hates peeling it. So this little gem has sat in our fridge for days.  Today, I decided to be the good wife everyone knows I am and peel it for him. Imagine my surprise when I discovered  the biggest rind known to man. It was like a sponge.  Yea, I got a picture of that too:

[side note: until today I thought it was rine, not rind.  Thank you Google for confirming that I do, in fact, make up my own words 75% of the time.  I blame my parents.  They are cajun and moved me to Arkansas during my prime grade school years.  Not the winning combo for spelling, grammar, and all things related to the English language. Just kidding Mom and Dad ~ I love crawfish and met Bill in Arkansas, so I don't think it could get more better ;) ]. 

Anyway, back to the grapefruit.  Once peeled, it looks like a normal grapefruit.  Bill said it was delicious.  I wouldn't know, it looked like crap to me.

So there you have it, my life today is as exciting as a big giant grapefruit.  Be jealous!  One last thing, I realize that gigantic grapefruits are probably pretty common among you grapefruit lovers, but just go with me here.  I need something to make my day worth blogging about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment