Friday, April 20, 2012

Bon Appetit


Evan had his four month check-up today and received clearance for baby food.  Actually the doctor encouraged it since he has been waking up more frequently.  We didn't waste any time, but headed straight to Barnes and Noble for baby cookbooks and Target for baby cereal.  


Online, you will find a mix of reviews about when to start baby food.  Some say 4 months, other say 6.  Because of this, I thought I would be more nervous about introducing baby food to Evan.  I also thought I would be more skeptical of rice cereals because some experts say that it isn't nutritious and is unnecessary.  However, after talking to our doctor and having her encouragement, it was so fun and exciting.  I was ready to drive him through the drive thru immediately.  OK, I am only kidding, but I was excited for him to experience something new and a little hopeful that this will help him sleep better at night.

Evan did a great job with the spoon and seemed really interested in the food.






 We will continue with rice cereal for a while until he really gets the hang of eating.  Then it is on to purees.  Any suggestions on first food?  

No comments:

Post a Comment