Monday, June 25, 2012

Race 2

 After cleaning and decoloring, we headed to Which Wich for lunch and Pink Swirls (frozen yogurt) for dessert.  In other words, we continued the lets-do-everything-Jodi-loves-because-she-said-so theme.  We then rested up and prepared for 5K number 2. 

 Evan especially was excited to cheer on mommy and aunt Ashley.  Or maybe he was excited at the prospect of watching mommy collapse from cramming too much activity into one day.  Either way, he was excited. 

my mom is crazy.  She also fed me brussel sprouts, but more on that ridiculousness later.  


Bahahahaha.  I convinced everyone to do what I wanted all day! 

Seriously in denial about the heat, exhaustion, and the general age of our bodies.  


As you can tell, the race was small.  I like the big fish, small pond approach.  Don't judge. :) 

Pre race photo

The race started off fast.  My watch flash a 7:00 minute/mile a few times and I think it might have been laughing at me.  Within a half mile, we got a lot more realistic and we settled into a comfortable 8:00 pace, which we stayed at for the first mile.  Miles 2 and 3 were a little slower, around 8:20.  I blame the heat, the time of day, my general physical shape, and the chafing happening in between my post pregnancy thighs.  I also didn't want to make this guy look bad by getting beat by two girls. 



We crossed the finish line in 25:40.  Didn't quite break 25 as we hoped, but we gave it our all, didn't puke, and received first and second place in our age group.  Every other 25- 29 female in OKC apparently has a life on Saturday night. 


Joking aside, I loved running two 5Ks on the same day.  I would do it every weekend if I could and if I didn't think Bill would find new friends.  That's the great thing about racing.  Every time I toe the line, I think why in the heck are you doing this, it is going to suck so bad if you fail. And, every time I cross the finish line, I think what do we have planned for next weekend?

Race Stats: 

Date: June 23, 2012
Time: 8:00 p.m
Weather: Hot Tamales
Course: easy, flat out and back
Overall: Nothing special about the course or race, but certainly was fun for a Saturday night.  




No comments:

Post a Comment