Friday, June 1, 2012

Memorial Day

I cannot believe it is Friday and I am just now writing about our Memorial day weekend.  You'd think I am raising an infant or something.

We arrived at my parents Friday evening by the lovely Hantz's.



No, not those Hantz's (though they are lovely).  These Hantz's:



It took Eli a little while to warm up to Evan and he definitely wasn't a fan of Evan getting John or Savanna's attention.  But, after a little warming up:


and they were fast friends.  Eli loved helping Evan play with his toys and Evan, of course, loves the attention.



Lately, Eli has been all about showers, but after finding out that Evan was taking a bath, it was all bath all the time:




We woke up early and started the day off right with a 7 1/2 mile run.  Bill and dad ran a few miles with me, then biked the rest.  Originally, I wanted to run 10, but it was hot!   After the run, we soaked up the sun.



Evan loved the swing, so much so that it put him to sleep.  


I spent most of the morning attempting to get the most serious of boys (AKA Eli) to smile for pictures.  Success! 





 Eli spent most of the weekend stating "Hi Evan, how are you?".  Evan's still working on his response.

We did try a dip in the pool:


 But Evan mostly enjoyed hanging with mommy:



 And soaking up sun with daddy:


My sister Emily arrived with her little girls and my cousin Sadie Saturday afternoon:

Those two are so adorable.  Nyah wanted her baby to do everything that Evan did, including the swing:

 

We finished Saturday evening off with a crawfish boil, Pappa Joe style.  The boil included crawfish, mushrooms, onions, corn, okra, little smokes, sausage, broccoli, and potatoes.  Evan was so excited he even dressed for the occasion. 


The meal was awesome and I was asleep by 9:30.  Perfect Saturday!

Sunday was spent checking out John and Savanna's new place.  They recently purchased 7 1/2 acres in Santa Fe, next door to her moms.  It is a really nice place and I am so happy for them.  Sunday night was spent relaxing with Mom, Dad, Bill and Evan.  As much as I love all my family, it is really nice to be able to have one on one time with the parents every now and then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment