Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lets get colorful!

It turns out that paying $45 to have someone throw colored chalk on your while you are running in the summer heat can be quite fun.  As you know (if you are keeping up with my ramblings), Ashley, Bill and I ran the color run this past Saturday.  We had to wake up at 4:00 a.m. Saturday morning to pretty up.

Blues Brothers 2020

It was still dark when we left OKC.  We left about 5:30 after stopping at McDonalds for coffee.  Bill said he didn't want to spend the day with me if I only have 4 hours of sleep and no coffee.  I am not sure why, I think I could be completely pleasant under those circumstances.   

Post coffee smiles (Side note - thank you Dr. Debbie for cleaning my sparkly whites)

We arrived in Tulsa about 7:00 to pick up our race packets.  The race website said race day is crazy and it would take a long time to get your packet if you choose to pick up the day of the race.  Note to The Color Run - 5 minutes is not a long time and a ten person line is not crazy! Needless to say, with the first wave of the race starting at 8:00 and us being toward the back, there was plenty of time for lounging. 




We met up with my friend Linsey from lawschool who for some reason wanted to join our crazy crew.  God help you Linsey. 


   

The race was pretty small. I think there was only about 10 other people running. 







The Color Run is unlike any other 5K I have completed, both in good and bad ways.  On the one hand, you are constantly entertained, it is fun and time flies by.  On the other hand, there are no time clocks or no control over whether runners start before walkers.  Basically, extremely unorganized.  That is why I am not claiming fault for the three people I ran over with the jogging stroller while running and weaving through the crowd.  WALKERS TO THE BACK.  I kid, but seriously I wish they would have had walkers on the right, runners on the left or something.  It was impossible to run the whole thing even if you wanted to. 





 The color stations were similar to getting into a fight with about 500 lbs of colored chalk.  

In each racing packet, you get a packet of chalk to throw at the end.  We threw some of its on each other.  


True story - probably 2 -3 times throughout the race I did not recognize Bill because I thought his hair was blond.  



Evan post race 


Ashley really wanted a picture of us jumping in the air.  This is the closest we could get.  Don't be jealous of our sexiness.


Race Stats:

Date: June 23, 2012
Time: 8:00, although I am sure our wave started way later 
Weather: not to bad for June
Course: I have no idea. My mind was too preoccupied with COLOR
Overall:  race and course organization could have been better (walkers to the right), but definitely worth the experience

No comments:

Post a Comment