Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

One year ago today, I remember giving Bill a children's book for Father's day.  I took time to write a letter to Evan about his daddy and how lucky he was to have Bill for a dad.  I was so excited about what the future held for us and was eager to see Bill take on the dad role.

Fast forward one year and Bill is a better dad than I could ever have imagined.  Bill has become very patient with Evan, taking time to teach him new things every day.  Not to mention that on weekends, Bill changes twice the diapers that I do, and that three to four times a week, he get up with Evan before the sunrise so that I can run with friends.  Perhaps most importantly is that Bill does twice as much around the house as he did before Evan was born, which was practically everything anyway. :)  I could go on and on, but in short, I am just so thankful for him!!

We had a great day today.  Church sponsored "summer days" with a fun family activity after service each Sunday in June.  Today was exotic animals.  So fun!! How many of you have ever rode a turtle??

Yea, well, Evan probably wouldn't have either if his mom wasn't so crazy!


 As you can tell by these pictures, Bill is the adventurous one.  I preferred to use Evan as my shield from all potentially dangerous animals.  So brave, I know.



No, the wrinkled shirt has nothing to do with the fact that I am a new mom and everything to do with the fact that I am me. Do we even own an iron?  I'm not sure, ask Bill.


After church, lunch and a nap,  Evan and I decided to give Bill a couple hours to have the house all to himself.  In other words, we were kicked out. (only kidding, it was voluntary. sort of.)  We hit up Hafer park and after getting the necessary exercising in (aka me lugging a stroller in 90+ degree weather for 30 minutes), we stopped for a rest to watch the ducks.



I didn't think far enough in advance to bring bread, but did find a piece in the dirt that I used to lure the ducks closer so that Evan could easily see.  I wish I were kidding about digging in the dirt.

Last stop was the swings.  This kid loves to swing.


I think he was hoping for a nap while sunbathing and his mom pushing him for 45 minutes.  What he got was 10 minutes in the swing and a nap in the car.  I'm so generous.  

After the park, we made a stop at Menchies, a new frozen yogurt place that I haven't had a chance to try.  I think these frozen yogurt joints put crack in the yogurt.  I haven't been to one since last summer, went two weekends ago, and here I am addicted.  

We got home just in time to bath up, cook dinner and watch the OKC Thunder.  Whew, what a day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment