Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sushi Time!

We are having a great time here at the beach!  Last night Bill and I were in charge of dinner and decided to host a Japanese party in keeping with my 30 under 30 theme.


 That's right, I cooked sushi!  And, it was good.  At least I didn't see anyone spitting it out when I wasn't looking.


Brendon was my Sous Chef.  Please ignore the popsicle.  That is not an accurate reflection of what his duties entailed.  

This is much more accurate.  Boy has been to entirely too many Hibachi grills.  He played with knifes practically the entire time he was suppose to be helping.  Hey, I have to win the cool aunt award somehow.

Mattie did not have time to help with preparations.  She was too busy working on her Kung fu panda skills.

 

The process was fairly long, but mainly it is just a lot of prep and waiting on different steps for the rice.  The 
assembly was much easier than I expected.

Proof that I do read directions.  Sometimes. 

In addition to the sushi, we had several Japanese appetizers, including edamame, gyoza, spring rolls, honey toasted seaweed crackers, shrimp flavored crackers, squid jerky and mochi.  For the main course, Bill (with the help of my sister Mandy), made stir fry and to top it off, every one drank Ramune, a Japanese soda complete with a marble.











Evidence that everyone ate and enjoyed.  Well, except for dad who proclaimed, "this crap is nasty."  Now you know from where I get my brutal honesty.





Hi Ali, you made it to the blog, and your are looking good.  When this picture gets picked out on the "internets"  remember me and our agreement for 10% royalty. 




For dessert, I made "dessert sushi" with rice crispy treats, fruit roll ups, and Swedish fish.  I didn't take a picture, but it looked a little something like this.


Stay tuned for more pics of my little beach bum on his first swimming trip ever!  I could just put them on this post but (1) I'm feeling lazy and its past my bedtime, and (2) I need something to ramble about tomorrow.  











No comments:

Post a Comment