Sunday, May 6, 2012

Food and Milestones

WOW, what a weekend.  Evan had quite a few first and we celebrated my birthday.   My birthday deserved a post all in itself, and now let's get to the good stuff - Evan.

As you know, little man has been eating rice cereal for a couple weeks now.



Bill and I anticipated that we would put a lot of thought into what Evan's first "real" food would be. Yea, not so much.  Friday night we ate tacos and had a little avocado left over and decided on a whim to let Evan try it. 


As you can tell, he wasn't sure about it, but loved that he was making us laugh.  The next night I added a little more milk and he seemed to like that better.  Tonight he ate a ton and would fuss if you were taking too long getting it in his mouth.  It amazes Bill and I how fast he is growing up. Sniff Sniff.  

Speaking of growing up, Evan is a mobile man on a mission.  On Thursday, he rolled over at daycare.  I always thought this would bother me, him having his first milestones at daycare rather than with us.  Turns out it really didn't.  I was just so happy for him and excited that he is learning new things.  Friday night he did it again, see: 



I knew it wouldn't be long until he was also rolling front to back since he has been rolling side to side since Easter, and sure enough, he accomplished that feat today.  I guess he figured he might as well make this a weekend of milestones.  (Sorry, I didn't have the camera ready when he rolled from front to back, I will try to get a video next time). 

One final first,  Evan's first 5K:


Here's to hoping we have many more runs together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment