Friday, May 25, 2012

5 months

OK time, you and I had an agreement.  I was going to go back to work and you were going to tick tock along a glacier pace.  I never agreed to the speed at which you insist on moving.  How could it be possible that my little baby is already a feisty five month old?


There are so many things that I love about this age.  Evan is really starting to engage with us.  He loves to show us his tricks, which include sticking his tongue out, growling at us, trying to "get" us by eating our arms, face, etc.


Also, just the other day he started to wrap his arm around my neck whenever I am holding him, and touch my face and hold my ears when trying to fall asleep.  Melt my heart!!




He loves to play, can roll over easily now, but is still pretty tiny for his age.





He doesn't have any teeth yet, but it is obvious he is teething.  Some nights he is a little (ok a lot) grouchy and I know it is because his little mouth is hurting.  Speaking of the mouth, that is where EVERYTHING goes.
 GET

 IN 
MY MOUTH!

Evan has really started to love baby food this month.  Every time you set him in his high chair, he kicks his legs and gets very excited. Don't even think about eating in front of him or he will let you know that he wants some too.  Butternut squash is by far his favorite so far, and broccoli was definitely not a hit! 

We are sleeping lots these days and I attribute that 100% to the fact that I let him sleep in the bed with me.  Bill says that I have to start putting him in his crib at 6 months.  (Insert tear here).  We will see how it goes.  For now, I love cuddling with him.  

He still hates tummy time and would much rather be laying on his back, or sitting up in his exersaucer, jumperoo, or bumbo, or my favorite, in mommy or daddy's arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment