Sunday, March 24, 2013

One down, three to go

Here's the thing about relays. You get to do things that are no acceptable in your everyday life. Like take a nap on the ground in small town texas. Or stop the van to foam roll in the middle of the street because your legs are getting tight. Yes, I did both of those things. BEST NAP EVER!!

All is going well in relay land. I've ran 5 miles, ate lunch, and am ready for round two. My picture did fall off the van within 5 minutes of the race, but luckily for my team I'm an artist and was able to replace it.

We are having so much fun and our team is killing it. This morning was perfect running weather, with temps in the low 50s. We started off in hill country and ran on streets lined in blue bonnets. There were several legs on completely dirt roads. Truly picturesque. Maybe Texas really is God's country.

All of the teams are so cordial and it is fun to cheer everyone on. I think we have made it approximately 50 miles. I will probably be running again in a couple hours, my first 6 mile leg, almost exclusively downhill. I'm really excited. :).

Now for the good stuff - pictures. We have a lot more on our Facebook page, which I will try to upload later, but that's a hard thing to do in the middle of nowhere.











No comments:

Post a Comment