Saturday, September 1, 2012

Labor day weekend

We are finally driving to my parents to pick up the dogs, who have been with them for over a month. We are excited to see them but I would be lying if I said I haven't enjoyed the last few weeks. Those little monsters are a mess. It's amazing how much attention two little fat dogs need.

We left yesterday after work and five hours later we still were not to Dallas. Traffic and construction can make you go mad, trust me. So after stopping to eat at cracker barrel and realizing that we wouldn't arrive at my parents until 3 am with a child who wakes up at 6:30 am, we decided to go all crazy and do something we have never done before -- we split the trip and stated the night in Dallas. Holy crap I feel like a million bucks this morning. I am not sure it is something we will do again, especially on shorter weekends or when we have the dogs because they add another element of stress to hotel staying, but it was perfect for this weekend.

It is now 9:00, we've had our Starbucks and we are probably an hour and a half from our destination, life is good.

According to the cracker barrel peg game, my son's a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment