Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring

What beautiful weather we are having.  I love Spring.  Especially, the beginning of Spring.  It symbolizes a time of new beginning and a fresh start.  Plus, it makes me happy to do house and yard work, which lets be honest, only happens about one month out of the year -- April.

Today started out great.   I met my friend Carlie for a run and coffee at a new place in Edmond, the Coffee Commission.  We run together often, but have never had a chance to just sit and visit afterward, it was nice.  Plus the coffee was excellent.

Once I got home, I decided to put coconut oil in my hair for a deep condition. I had read about it often on Pinterest and actually tried it once or twice.  So, I figured, what the heck?  Its Spring, my hair could use a little refreshing too.  Only I seem to always forget that you are suppose to follow the coconut oil, shampoo, conditioner sequence.  Once again, I treated the coconut oil as the conditioner and have been walking around with greasy hair (in a bun) all day.  Oh well, my hair will be extra refreshed and spring-like tomorrow.

Then something very strange happened.  It was so rare.  I started cleaning.  And I didn't want to stop.  Rare, indeed.  I wasn't able to finish because my sweet little toddler turns into a not-so-sweet little monster when he is hungry so we headed out to eat lunch on the patio at McCalisters while Bill worked on his fitness at the gym.   This seems to be our usual routine and it is working pretty well, allowing both of us to get weekend workouts in before noon on Saturday.

Anyway, after lunch, it was shopping time!  It was SO hard not to buy every new thing in the store.  The bright colors are everywhere.  New front door rug, oh yes I definitely need that.  Bright striped umbrella, how have I been living without that so long?  These plants are beautiful, I should buy them.  I probably won't kill them like I have done to every other plant I have purchased over the last 4 years.  You get the idea.

With great restraint, I kept my eye on the prize.  This weekend was about cleaning.  You cannot possibly start "in with the new" unless you done "out with the old."  Armed with our spring cleaning supplies, the afternoon was designated as outside spring cleaning time - or wash the windows and tell the dirt dobblers that they are no longer welcome because Spring is here, summer will soon follow, and we need our patio back.








Evan loves being outside, so this was his favorite part of the day.  He "helped" scrub, "helped" sweep, but thankfully didn't ask to use the water hose.  He also played mailman and delivered the mail.  Speaking of which, he got the cutest Easter present from Dee and Papa.  Splash park here we come!


Evan and I have cleaned up, eaten dinner and are waiting for dad to get back with a movie for mommy after Evan's bedtime.  Days just do not get better than this!

I hope you all had a wonderful day.  I will be back tomorrow with some running chat - just an FYI in case you want to instantly delete tomorrow's post.  It will be my last 20 miler and I will let you know how I'm feeling about the upcoming marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment