Monday, February 25, 2013

Classic Movies Anyone?

My mom is a doer.  Tell her you have a task and she will make sure that it gets done.  When she ready my most recent post about the 30 under 30 challenge, her instant response was "We are doing some of these!"

We opted not to go to the food festival because it was FREEZING on Saturday and after my 12 mile run in 25 degree weather, I just couldn't bring myself to be outside all day.   Instead, we embarked on the AFI 100 best movies list.   We managed to watch three movies this weekend and I am hear to tell you all about them.

The African Queen - This movie starred Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn and has become the source of my new favorite thing to say to Bill -- "Oh Charlie [or Bill], we are having our first quarrell".  I can't wait for the day when Bill is really mad or frustrated with me and I can say that.  Marriage and aggravation go hand in hand.  I will not describe the movie to you because someone else can do it better, but you should definitely watch it.

Double Indemnity -   Good story line, but probably my least favorite of the three.  Boring at times.

The General -  This was a silent comedy that no one wanted to watch with me.  Mom fell asleep within the first five minutes and Bill couldn't imagine how I was not bored to tears. That is until he came in during the last five minutes of the show and declared this a hilarious movie.  It was really good.

We currently have blizzard conditions moving into Oklahoma, so tomorrow will likely be a snow day.  That means homework for everyone -- look at this list and tell me which movies I should watch while stuck at home.

Oh, and about part two of our Christmas adventures.  Well, I lost my SD card and cannot find the pictures.  Don't worry I will find them soon enough.  Hopefully by July.  Yea, Christmas in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment