Monday, February 27, 2012

Must Keep Running


In a nutshell, this is me! Finding the time to run has surprisingly been easy while on maternity leave. For example, today I was able to wake up with Evan at 7:30, play with him until Bill woke up at 8:45 and was out the door for my three mile run by 9:00.  I know things will be harder once I go back to work in two weeks.   But for now, putting on my running shoes isn't that hard.  Its the finishing that is kicking my butt.

I have also been trying to divide each run into smaller segments.  For example, I will tell myself, just make it to the playground, just make it to the soccer field, etc.  (Please tell me that I am not the only one who talks to myself while running.  I cannot imagine what I would do on a run if I didn't talk to myself, how boring.  I can plan Bill and I's life for the next 40 years in one 6 mile run, lol.)  I am also motivated by the fact that my friend Ashley and I decided to run the Capitol 10K in Austin on March 26th, and it has now turned into quite the event. My parents, Ashley's parents, John, Savanna and Eli will also be traveling to Austin for the weekend. Ashley, my dad, John, Savanna and I will be running.  I am really excited because it is the biggest 10K in Texas and its Ashley's first 10K.  Here is the website:


My goals for this race are simple: Finish.  

The Capitol 10K will be the first race towards one of my new year's resolution, which is to run at least one race a month for 2012.  I wasn't able to run in January or February because I didn't get clearance to work out until January 30, 2012.  My other resolution is no sweets or junk food while at work, but that won't start until March either.  You see how I work, choose resolutions that cannot even last all year, they are much easier to keep.

One last thing I have to share because, to me, it is so hilarious.  Sorry for the cuss word ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment