Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Good Times, Good Friends (and Family)

Last weekend, my brother John and his family came for a visit. They have traveled to see us almost at least once a year since we moved to OKC and we really appreciate that they take time out to come. Plus, we love hanging out with them!

Friday evening, Evan showed Eli and Isaac all of his and told them what a great weekend it would be. Saturday, Savanna and I took all three boys to hobby lobby to pick up craft supplies. Yes, it was a circus. I know you wanted to ask.

After lunch, my brother wanted to watch the Texas A&M game, so Savanna and I left all three boys home with the dads and went shopping in downtown Edmond. Translate to looking at tons of stuff I cannot afford for a mansion that I do not have. window shopping at its finest.

That evening we decided to make the boys felt Christmas trees that we found on pinterest. The idea behind this craft is to make a kid-sized Christmas tree out of Green felt and ornaments, lights, etc. out of various colors. Kids can then decorate and redecorate their own Christmas tree, and hopefully leave yours alone in the process. I hung Evan's tree up and the first thing he did was eat the ornament. Eli then began yelling, "He's messing it up!! ". So, I am not sure how successful this craft will be as Eli will probably never touch his and Evan will likely poop his out at some point, but hey we had fun making them. (I am only kidding about the poop part. After he tried to eat one piece, I packed up the tree until next year.)

John and his family left Sunday afternoon (after hanging up my flatscreen - Thanks John!). We really miss them but thankfully we will be able to see them this week at Thanksgiving and Evan's Its My Party and I Will be One if I Want to Birthday Party.

P.S. - I would love to post pictures on the blog of the boys, but Google is being stupid and wants me to buy storage.  First time I have seen this, so I will have to look into it. Hopefully, I can figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment